In order to make the most of your visit to Park Road Eye, we ask that you bring the following items to your appointment-
- A valid referral from your GP, optometrist or specialist.
- If you have been to the practice before and are unsure if your referral is still valid, please contact our reception staff for advice prior to your appointment.
- Any relevant test results, scans etc
- Your glasses
- Medicare card or details
- Your DVA card if applicable
- Your Health Care Card if applicable
Please allow sufficient time for your appointment. For a new patient the visit may take two hours or more. Your pupils may be dilated with drops to allow a complete examination. In adults, it will take about 2-3 hours for the drops to wear off; in children it may take 1-2 days. You may not be able to drive safely with dilated pupils.
Tell your child that he or she is going to have his or her eyes checked. Say that the doctor will show some shapes, pictures or letters and play some games, shine a light in the eyes and have a close look. It will be fun!